CHOICES, Inc. will award individual scholarships up to $3,000 for tuition, fees, living expenses to full time undergraduate students enrolled in a technical school, college or university for the 2020-2021 academic year. The purpose of the scholarship is to offer financial support to college-bound foster youth. Scholarship funds can be used to help eliminate barriers foster youth face in obtaining a post secondary education. The following barriers include:
- Rent/Housing expenses
- Transportation costs/maintenance and support
- Childcare Expenses
- Moving expenses
- General school supplies
- Other* (approved by CHOICES advisory committee)
*amount is subject to change based on donations accrued until the application deadline
Scholarship applicants must meet the following qualifications for consideration:
- Applicants must have received case management from CHOICES foster care or independent living after January 2015 for a minimum of 3 months.
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors, have obtained a GED or high school diploma and be starting or currently attending a technical school, college or university in pursuit of a certificate, associates or bachelor’s degree.
- All completed applications must be received by June 25, 2020 at 5 pm to be considered. Applications turned in by June 18, 2020 at 5pm will be reviewed for completeness, applicants will then have until June 25 to submit additional information with no penalty. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Completed applications and essays can be turned into any CHOICES caseworker, faxed to (937) 264-0095, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to CHOICES, Inc. 1785 Big Hill Rd. Dayton, OH 45439.
All information given on this application is confidential and will only be reviewed by the scholarship committee. Consideration of an application is not a guarantee for approval.
The CHOICES Advisory Committee will judge each application based on content, expression and overall impact. The scholarship recipients will be notified by August 4, 2020.