We are inviting youth who have been a part of our foster care and independent living program to apply for the Quatez B. Scott scholarship. Please be sure to read qualifications carefully and return the application form by the June 30, 2018 to be considered.
CHOICES, Inc. will award up to $5,000 in scholarships for tuition, fees, living expenses to full time undergraduate students enrolled in a technical school, college or university for the 2018-2019 academic year. The purpose of the scholarship is to offer financial support to college-bound foster youth. Scholarship funds can be used to help eliminate barriers foster youth face in obtaining a post secondary education. The following barriers include:
- Rent/Housing expenses
- Transportation costs/maintenance and support
- Childcare Expenses
- Moving expenses
- General school supplies
- Other* (approved by CHOICES advisory committee)
Scholarship applicants must meet the following qualifications for consideration:
- Applicants must have received case management from CHOICES foster care or independent living after January 2015 for a minimum of 3 months.
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors, have obtained a GED and be starting or currently attending a technical school, college or university in pursuit of a certificate, associates or bachelor’s degree.
- All completed applications must be received by June 30, 2018 to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Completed applications and essays can be turned into any CHOICES caseworker, faxed to (937) 264-0095, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to CHOICES, Inc. 1785 Big Hill Rd. Dayton, OH 45439.