Join a supportive, efficient team while supporting foster parents and youth in foster care!
CHOICES Inc. is a tight-knit, strengths based organization that brings change to youth and families. We invest in each employee as a person and recognize the need for a work life balance. Healthy employees equal healthy kids and families. CHOICES is looking for a Foster Care Case Manager who is interested in building safe environments for youth in our community. The Foster Care Case Manager is part of a dynamic team, based in Dayton Ohio, who conducts home visits and provides support to foster parents and foster youth while coordinating services with our county agency partners. This Foster Care Case Manager will be serving children and families primarily in Clark and Greene Counties. The Foster Care Case Manager should be motivated and able to work autonomously while becoming a part of the CHOICES family. The Foster Care Case Manager is responsible for developing relationships with foster parents and supporting them through their journey of caring for foster youth.
Job Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
• Develop and implement a treatment plan for each youth to include permanency plan goals.
• Coordinate services to ensure youth’s needs are met.
• Interact and act as a liaison between the school, foster parent, placing agency, and other involved agencies, with regards to appropriate services to coordinate treatment team meetings.
• Assist in securing and implementation of specialized services. Provide services that respect each youth’s and family’s cultural background, heritage and identity. Evaluate the impact of such services.
• Support the achievement of all youth outcomes regularly reviewing youths’ progress on treatment plan goals and by preparing written monthly reports.
• Provide supportive services to the foster parents and foster youth such as Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment (CPST) in accordance with the youth’s treatment plan recommendations.
• Provide weekly contact with youth and the foster parent(s) in accordance with county contract requirements.
• Assist in placement and referral decisions.
• Provide crisis management – on-call 24/7/365
• Minimum qualification is a BA or BS in social work or a related field
• LSW or LSW eligible preferred
• Valid drivers license, auto insurance and reliable transportation required
• Local travel required
• A passion for foster parents and youth in foster care
• Experience providing services in the community is preferred
- Amazing benefits such as generous HSA contribution, vacation time, 90% insurance premiums paid by agency, sick leave, vision and dental insurance. EOE
- Annual retirement plan contribution
- Flexible work environment and work hours
- Paid birthday holiday
- Mileage reimbursement
- Professional play days to foster team building (you get paid to have FUN!)
- Engaging and diverse training opportunities
- We like to eat! –food trucks, surprise office treats, carry ins
- The opportunity to strengthen our community and support foster parents and foster youth.
To apply please send your resume to Donna Knasel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail to 1785 Big Hill Rd, Dayton, OH 45439 or fax to (937) 264-0095.
Mission: CHOICES Inc. brings change to youth and families by providing personalized services and building safe environments.
Core Values: Compassion – Trust – Commitment – Teamwork – Innovation