Provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and ongoing counseling in a community setting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Utilize clinically appropriate skills and evidence-based approaches to meet client needs
2. Provide individual counseling
3. Maintain and create schedule for caseload to work with client availability, to include traveling to clients agreed upon location
4. Complete and update Mental Health Assessments in the EHR, as clinically indicated and at least once annually
5. Create and update Treatment Plan in EHR as clinically indicated and in accordance with Medicaid timeframes
6. Create note/documentation for every session (daily as clients are seen) in the EHR
7. Collaborate with internal team members and external treatment teams to provide a holistic service approach
8. Provide crisis management – on-call 24/7/365
9. Attend staff meetings (once a month – dept and all staff) two meetings a month
10. Schedule and attend supervision (frequency varies, minimum of one time per month
11. Attend all mandatory training required to satisfy company and licensure requirements (CEU’s, Agency specific, COA required or required by clinical department)
12. Support new team members with job shadowing opportunities
13. Support Choices Inc, Mission, Vision, Values and fundraising initiatives
14. Demonstrate an understanding and cultural sensitivity for diverse populations
15. Monitor and satisfy weekly productivity goals, proactively escalating impediments to meeting goal
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree accepted
- Mental Health Counseling – minimum 1-year experience required
- Licensed social worker (LSW), licensed independent social worker (LISW), licensed professional counselor (LPC), or licensed professional clinical counselor (LPCC) required
- Knowledge and/or experience in crisis intervention, child adolescent development, and community services
- Knowledge and application of evidence-based practice & intervention strategies
- Knowledge of administration and scoring of traditional assessment measures, models and techniques, including clinical interviewing and mental status exam
- Knowledge regarding the range of normal and abnormal behavior in the context of stages of human development and diversity Knowledge of formulating diagnosis and case conceptualization
Experience with an EHR (desired)
- Must be computer literate (MS Word, Excel, database and web applications)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate clinical skills and capacity to build relationships with clients served
Commitment to a child’s right to belong to a family, preserving, whenever possible, a child’s connection to the family of origin; and a commitment to reunifying a child with his/her biological family whenever possible.
As a full-time employee, you are eligible for our medical, vision, and dental insurance. CHOICES contributes a generous portion towards the premiums. CHOICES pays 100% of the premiums for life insurance and long-term disability in addition to sick and vacation time and mileage reimbursement. EOE.
To apply please send your resume to Jessica Greathouse at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail to 1785 Big Hill Rd, Dayton, OH 45439 or fax to (937) 264-0095.