Provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and ongoing counseling in a community setting. Provide support and clinical guidance to Outpatient Mental Health Therapists and Mental Health Support Services Provider.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Utilize clinically appropriate skills and evidence-based approaches to meet client needs
2. Provide individual counseling
3. Maintain and create schedule for caseload to work with client availability, to include traveling to clients agreed upon location
4. Complete and update Mental Health Assessments in the EHR, as clinically indicated and at least once annually
5. Create and update Treatment Plan in EHR as clinically indicated and in accordance with Medicaid timeframes
6. Create note/documentation for every session (daily as clients are seen) in the EHR
7. Collaborate with internal team members and external treatment teams to provide a holistic service approach
8. Provide crisis management – on-call 24/7/365
9. Attend staff meetings (once a month – dept and all staff) two meetings a month
10. Schedule and attend supervision (frequency varies, minimum of one time per month
11. Attend all mandatory training required to satisfy company and licensure requirements (CEU’s, Agency specific, COA required or required by clinical department)
12. Support new team members with new hire training
13. Provide ongoing training for staff at minimum annually related to behavior management and mental health
14. Support new team members with job shadowing opportunities
15. Support Choices Inc, Mission, Vision, Values and fundraising initiatives
16. Demonstrate an understanding and cultural sensitivity for diverse populations
17. Monitor and satisfy weekly productivity goals, proactively escalating impediments to meeting goal
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in counseling or social work required
- Mental Health Counseling – minimum 5-year experience required
- Licensed independent social worker (LISW) or licensed professional clinical counselor (LPCC) required
- Knowledge and/or experience in crisis intervention, child adolescent development, and community services
- Knowledge and application of evidence-based practice & intervention strategies
- Knowledge of administration and scoring of traditional assessment measures, models and techniques, including clinical interviewing and mental status exam
- Knowledge regarding the range of normal and abnormal behavior in the context of stages of human development and diversity Knowledge of formulating diagnosis and case conceptualization
- Experience training staff preferred
- Experience with an EHR (desired)
- Must be computer literate (MS Word, Excel, database and web applications)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate clinical skills and capacity to build relationships with clients served
Commitment to a child’s right to belong to a family, preserving, whenever possible, a child’s connection to the family of origin; and a commitment to reunifying a child with his/her biological family whenever possible.
Embody our core values and have the same expectation for others.
- Compassion: We believe in meeting individuals in their current reality with understanding.
- Trust: We believe honesty is essential to our culture. Our transparent and ethical actions build trust with youth, families and the community.
- Commitment: We believe in consistently delivering on expectations and go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Teamwork: We believe great ideas and best outcomes happen in inclusive environments.
- Innovation: We believe in developing new and creative ways to serve people. We listen to all ideas.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to pass and maintain required background checks
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a motor vehicle check
- Ability to understand the speech of another person
- Ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Ability to see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Ability to maintain focus on one source of sound
- Ability to drive in a variety of weather and light conditions
- Extensive local travel required
- Occasional overnight travel for training events