It is the MOST wonderful time of year at CHOICES! We have always made it a goal to bring JOY to our kids and families throughout the our existence. Together, as a community, we can create magic for kids, teens and adults through our Christmas outreach. We are only able to create special memories with your support!
Through compassion and teamwork we will work with you to uncover which one of our giving projects is the best fit for you, your business, or group! Here is a list of all the outreach projects that benefits CHOICES families and clients during the holidays:
- Giving Tree – We will provide ornaments with a child’s name, age and wish list item. We ask that you return the item unwrapped with tag attached. Individual wishes can also be matched via email and dropped off to our office. Requests are between $25-$35 making this affordable for many!
- Adopt a Teen – We will provide you with a wish list of 5-10 items of a teen who is in our Independent Living program or Bridges program. Kids are between ages 17-21 and living in their own apartment learning life skills needed to transition to adulthood. The holidays are difficult for kids in this program, and connecting them to others and sharing JOY goes a long way.
- Adopt a Family – This is for our community based home-based families. These are not foster families, but rather families that have one or more children receiving in-home mental health services with us or family stabilization services. These families have many needs, limited resources, and funds for Christmas. We ask that sponsors buy a mix of needs and wants for all kids and parent/guardian.
- Winter Coat Drive – We will match you with a teen or child in our home-based services, independent living or Bridges program. You will be provided their coat size, color and style preference to purchase a new coat. Coats can even be shipped to our office for your convenience. Hats, gloves and scarves are not required…but are appreciated!
- Holiday Wish List – This is great for groups who don’t want to do something that requires matching but want to help! We will accept any new toys or items for teens that you collect. We can provide you with a holiday wish list for guidance based off of what our kids love – right now scrunchies, remote control drones/helicopters, weighted blankets, blue tooth speakers, shopkins and lego sets are VERY popular with our kids and teens! We then use these items to fill in gaps as needed.
Does one of these projects interest you? Please contact Ashley Pester to coordinate or with questions firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-264-0084 ext. 122.
Want to help but don’t have time to shop? It is a very busy time of year for many of us, we get it!! Monetary donations are also very important to our Christmas season. Donations help fund the food, carnival prizes and bingo prizes at our two parties for foster families and independent living youth! You can donate easily online by clicking this link.
Thank you for bringing JOY to the kids and families we serve!!*
*We are only able to provide our adopt a family program to families that are currently receiving help through CHOICES in our home-based services program. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide support to families outside of our network of services.