We’re looking for a full time Independent Living Specialist to work with youth in Cincinnati and surrounding areas. This program works with youth (ages 17-21) aging out of the foster care system by providing life skills training and preparation for independence. CHOICES creates opportunities that make a difference for youth and families. CHOICES offers CEU’s to maintain licensure, flexible scheduling, and an excellent benefit package.
Applicants should have a Bachelors degree in a social service field or actively working towards a degree in social work. Applicants with 4 years of experience working with at-risk youth will also be considered.
In addition to knowledge and/or experience in crisis intervention, child adolescent development, and community services. Also have the ability to lift 50 pounds and drive a moving truck/van.
Job duties include the following:
- To develop and implement a multi-disciplinary Service Plan for each youth with the assistance of the Treatment Team members which will be reviewed and signed by an LSW.
- Assist in securing specialized services and implementation of such services.
- To assist youth in building life skills by facilitation life skills group and individual counseling on employment, vocational, housing, and educational services.
- Interact and act as a liaison between the school, placing agency, and other involved agencies, with regards to appropriate services. To coordinate treatment team meetings.
- Involve support or biological family members in as many decisions as possible about independent living goals to assist the youth when emancipated.
- Provide weekly face to face contact as well as phone contact with youth.
- Develop an Initial Assessment of Needs and Services at the time of placement.
- Review the progress of each youth by monthly written progress report which will be reviewed and signed by an LSW.
- Assist LSW in placement and referral decisions.
- Develop and participate in scheduled recreational and/or cultural activities for youth.
- Assist in providing and arranging transportation for youth.
- Abide by all state rules/requirements.
- Assume any specific duties assigned at the discretion of administration.
To apply please send your resume to Robert Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail to 1785 Big Hill Rd, Dayton, OH 45439 or fax to (937) 264-0095. CHOICES is an Equal Opportunity Employer.