CHOICES Inc. is looking for a mental health therapist, experienced preferred, to provide in-home mental health and supportive services. CHOICES creates opportunities that make a difference for youth and families. CHOICES offers, CEU’s to maintain licensure, flexible scheduling, and an excellent benefit package. The position will require some evening hours and the ability to work independently.
- Engage families and complete a mental health assessment on the identified client.
- Assist in determining the appropriateness of referrals for services.
- Develop an individualized treatment plan for the client.
- Provide crisis intervention
- Interact and act as a liaison between the school, family members, referring agency, and other involved agencies, with regards to appropriate services. To coordinate family meetings.
- Provide individual, family and group counseling as needed. Counseling will include, but not be limited to, determining and implementing appropriate evidenced based therapeutic modalities for behavioral health counseling, CPST skill building, and specialized clinical case management to stabilize youth and families.
- Maintain appropriate licensure and abide by all state rules/requirements.
Any staff providing home-based services will be able to provide clinical services as defined by the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board. Acceptable credentials would include licensed social worker, a licensed independent social worker, a licensed professional counselor, and a licensed professional clinical counselor. (LSW, LISW, LPC, LPCC) The candidate must have a master’s degree in social work or counseling.
Knowledge and/or experience in crisis intervention, child adolescent development, and community services.
To apply please send your resume to Jane Anderson at email@example.com. Mail to 1785 Big Hill Rd, Dayton, OH 45439 or fax to (937) 264-0095. CHOICES is an Equal Opportunity Employer.